About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Sunday, December 18, 2011

What was I thinking?

I look at your pictures but they make you seem sleezy.
You were something brief, potent yet unmistakably easy.
And now I actually feel an anxiety in my stomach, so queasy;
No matter how hard you tried, you still couldn't appease me.

I was once fond of your essence, enthralled in the chase of the moment,
but honestly, right now, I think it wasn't well-paced nor well-spent.
Reminiscing, I wonder where my mind was encased or where it went,
perhaps your poison caused my judgement to be misplaced, and vacant.

I sipped in your breath as if I had been drinking,
and after it all, I do not know what I had been thinking!
It may be true that I was almost far gone, just sinking,
But my desire for you has been exponentially shrinking.

My attraction to you must have been fogged with faux lust,
because for some odd moments I thought you had earned my trust.
But your speedy departure has been a necessary must,
And I will no longer let my heart roll around in the dust.

1 comment:

  1. Damn! I really like this one..though I wouldn't want to be the "inspiration" for it, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete