About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day One


It all starts with that first goodbye,
the goodbye that never was,
the goodbye that was muted from my ears
and blinded from my sight.

I was never allowed the chance to hear his voice.
I was never given the opportunity
to see the face of that man,
to look into the eyes that I know resemble mine..
And he left before I had the chance to say hello,
before he knew that he helped my existence.

And so it all starts with that first goodbye,
where I was forced to ignore that part of my life from day one,
yet from that one day on,
I was strengthened
through the silent words and empty heart beats
and I learned just as she has,
to keep going,
to move on,
to learn and live.

I live now remembering that emptiness in my heart,
I live now wishing for a chance to fix the past,
I live now wondering why he left her without a second glance;

I live now knowing that it doesnt matter anymore.

All that matters is today;
this perfect moment,
this deep breath,
this beating heart,
this new chance for
this new life.

I am now living
I am living now

No comments:

Post a Comment