About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For my Eyes Only

This is not for you
This is all just for me
I am strong
I am confident
I am motivated
I am determined
and most importantly,

I am hopeful.

I will find love,
I will find mutual support,
I will find commitment,
I will find devotion.

I know what I did wrong,
I know I wasn't happy,
I know that I was settling for less than I deserved,
for less than I really wanted.
I wanted to believe in you,
I wanted to believe in us,
but after everthing was said and done,
we were both forcing a current to flow against its destiny,
a flow against its course,
but we finally admitted this run was at its end.

Things were good once,
but things do change.
People change, and
we clearly did exactly that.

And I still weep every night,
but that's part of the healing process.
I weep for the bad, for the good,
for the wrong, for the right,
for that sweet touch that will not be shared again.
But those same once-gentle hands laid force against me,
and it was because I let it happen. Why?

Time will give me an answer.

There is no blame,
no fault,
no hurt,
no regret,
no remorse.
Just forgiveness.
and wisdom.

And hope,
for a better future,
for a happiness that awaits me eagerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment