About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Thursday, June 28, 2012

If Reality Knocks

if a tree falls in the middle of
an unpopulated area
and so then no one is around to hear it--no one perhaps except God--
does the tree actually fall?

perception
or
deception?

either way,
i'm here,
thinking and riddling the hours away
trying to figure out how to get your memory
as far away from me as possible..
knock knock
who is there?
always you.
always.

so,
if i am thinking about you
in an unpopulated area
alone in my room, where only God can hear my thoughts,
do you feel me thinking about you?
do you get the notion that i miss you/
do you realize love doesn't die?

so,
if i am thinking about you
and no one is around,
can you hear my heart through the miles in between?

i just want to know,
in a silent prayer,
do you think about me too?
and not in a way that just recognizes my existence,
but,
do you really truly think about me?

knock knock
who is it?
reality.
oh, thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment