About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fireflies

The last time I saw fireflies was on a still summer night
walking home from all the mess we made,
thinking how will my life be after all this pain
that has stained
my path?
and our memories replayed
and I was reminiscing on your eyes and how healing from their cutting gaze
has been exponentially delayed.
I was deep in thought but then I was caught off guard;
I took it as a hopeful sign from God--because as I walked
through the dark,
I could see a glow from the corner of my eye
and when I focused more, I saw them--about seven fireflies,
shining in and out of existence.
And I was instantly reminded that hope requires persistence,
that no instance of depression or any lowly heartless position
could ever take away my hope...
Because it is in the most quietest moments of my soul
that a light is lit within,
always helping me get safely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment