About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Monday, July 9, 2012

Maybe, Just Maybe


Oh, why do I give him a single moment of my time?
My God, It’s crazy how he’s running through my mind!
And I know it’s foolish considering all of the pain
And the hurt that he left me here with, it’s always the same

and after all this time
my heart wants me to find you and let you know I still love you
but my strength wont let me fall back down to you

cause I have changed so much
I have become so tough
Overcoming all our love
I now know that God is Enough
The only One I can trust
And I pray for you so much
But with no contact
I only wonder if the devil has attacked
You, broken you, back, down and won
Or if you have changed too
And are willing to live in the Son

Maybe with time, we can forgive and forget
Maybe with love, we can erase the regret
Maybe, just maybe

But I don’t want to live in disillusions
Because I know true love is only an illusion—
No one is perfect, we all make mistakes
But why did we have to end it this way?
I want to know
If maybe, just maybe,
This still matters to you?
Does your heart still whisper “I love you”?
But more than that,
I want to know if you are safe.
Are you embracing the Sun?
Maybe, just maybe.
I hope the Light has won.

No comments:

Post a Comment