About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Prayer

My heart aches...
My eyes have run dry
from all the tears I've cried.

My soul clamors
and bangs
against my ribs,
against
the pangs
of my aching life

I wish I did so many things differently

What are my options?
Life
or Death;
either one can occur in just one breath.

Pop the pills or
Cut the wrists
and watch as the blood
spills,
out and away from you
and then you're healed of this life
that only ever caused you pain.

From day one, alone;
To this day, the same,
will things ever change?

I run to You
but I don't feel You anymore;
I pray for an answer..

Please show me what to do
to ease this pain,
the pain that has always been
the pain that speaks 'goodbye'
the pain that shrouds my eyes...

I always run back to You.

Don't let me fade into the darkeness;
Give me the strength to put the knife away,
to tuck it away in the corner of the cold drawer,
where the silence of my heart
won't ever again yearn its sharp death.

Alone,
huddled in the corners,
between despair and hope;

Grant me the mercy of Your Love,
Show me the Truth, I beg You;
Help me always rise above,
Show me how to live in You,
before he sweeps down
and takes me away from You . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment