About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

4 million (original song)

warning: shotty laptop speakers. you might want to keep your volume low, but turn up your ears to the lyrics!
VERSE 1
You're not the one, but you sure came really close.
Stole my glass heart, and broke it into four million 
little pieces, but I wonder if you knew
 that you
were everything, everything, everything.
We had it all, perfect love likened to violence.
Your heart was strong, but mine, hidden in sadness
And now I sit and stare and wonder if it could 
ever
Be fixed, but I'm still transfixed... 

CHORUS
4 million seconds
have seem to gone by.
But I can't deny
the will to survive.
Your love has tainted me,
 right down to my bones.
And I still don't know,
 where else I can go...
But amidst it All,
I learn to rise. 

VERSE 2
Though I had hopes, that you would be my One, 
All the songs I wrote, still you never did listen.
And now it seems that time has silenced both our words
And e-verything
 in between
Now it just hurts, when your memory attacks;
Forcing me to run around an endless racetrack.
But now I know that time, can't erase you from 
my mind,
I wonder what will be next...


BRIDGE
You moved me, first shook me, then broke me
hurt me and mourned me then left me
 Over and Over and Over
Your Love, Your love
You hit me, first beat me, then scarred me
drowned me and stained me, bu-ried me
Over and Over and Over
Your Love, Your love
I rebuilt me and broke free
withstood every damn thing
resurrected, still standing
 I'm over I'm over I'm over
your love, your love

No comments:

Post a Comment