About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Monday, September 20, 2010

On top of the World


What is there to say when your breath is stolen away.
On top of the world,
the eyes rejoice in such beauty but the voice becomes silenced.
No words can truly capture what it means to be majestical...
And on top of the world,
majesty and beauty and silence reign,
as the heart beats in rhythm
to the immensity of nature.
The breezes of the sea
are forced into me,
and the sensation is comforting.
With this new breath of life,
my body is no longer simply mine;
no longer simply an entity
on top of world--rather,
it is as if the world has fused with me
and shown me
how beautiful it can be
to rejoice in the silent,
and simply accept the beauty.

On top of the world, where the horizon kisses the sky,
where the curve of the earth is visible to the naked eye,
where my heart rejoices as I die a little inside--
dying from all this beauty that my fragile heart can not contain.
Whether it is due to the fading sun or the beginning rains,
My chest swells, rising with the waves set before me,
falling just as the waves crash desperately,
trying to invade the shore,
and I can no longer ignore
my palpitating heart,
for it beats vigorously
because
the intensity,
the immensity,
of being
on top of the world,
it just too much to contain.

as the sun fades away and new day awaits

May this beauty forever reign

No comments:

Post a Comment