About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Every time

Every time I wake,
the Sun sings to my soul and my soul sings praises to the Lord.
How grateful I am to rise yet again!

Every time I wake,
my bones become more brittle, my skin aging from their demands,
forever being reminded that I am human.
Every time I wake,
your face breaks through the light, haunting my thoughts,
and I am burdened by your memory.

Every time, I pray for the strength to get through another day.

Every time I take a step,
through the moments,
through the breaths,
through the thoughts,
through the dreams,
through the mists,
through the memories,
you are present, yet fleeting,
and I am left empty...

Every time,
I expect you to be there,
waiting for me on my way home...



What took you so long, my darling?



Every time, I pray for the strength to get through this day.







Sorry, I couldn't make it.
you  are alive, here, inside my heart,
yet here, in this outside world, you are nothing
but the reflection of the ghost of a man
I once knew...
Every time I close my eyes,
your image floats through my mind,
and I am left reaching out yet grasping only Air.
Everytime I close my eyes,
the storm is relentless within, the Winds piercing
and crushing my heart, yet I am almost to the shore.

Every time I close my eyes,
the stars inside my mind seem to whisper
louder than the sound of your silence, I am not alone.

Everytime, I pray for the strength to get through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment