About Me

a writer & love of beautiful and true things. // Joshua 1:9

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

If I Love you Tonight


June 8, 2007

If I love you tonight, will you love me tomorrow?
Will you bring me happiness and take away my sorrow?
Will it be forever and ever; just like you promised me?
Will it be honest love: truly, madly, deeply?

If I say those three words, will you stay through the night?
Will you place my heart on wings, and fly me towards new light?
Will you kiss me with passion and new-found emotion?
Will you look into my eyes with affection and devotion?

If I looked into yours, would I see a sincere world?
Would you value me more than any priceless pearl?
Would you make an effort to always place me first?
And be my loving angel to protect me from the worst?

Will you let me be the only one
you dream of when you sleep?
And create cherished memories
that we will forever keep?

Will you be my hero, and stay through every fight?
Will you love me tomorrow if I love you tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment